Sunday, May 4, 2014

Heavy Metal

I have always been familiar with Heavy Metal, especially when I was young, maybe it seemed so appealing to me because of the grungy and occasional r rated content. Heavy Metal 2000 was my first introduction to the Heavy Metal genre, when I started to read the comics I was opened up to a whole new world of Heavy Metal.

Moebius is the artist that did all of Heavy Metal and is an excellent French comic artist, the change in styles throughout each comic happens often which gives the comic versatility between each of the stories. Several short stories are involved in each Heavy Metal comic, which I think is an excellent way to keep focus and interest when reading, although you can’t get attached to a character like a super hero comic would. The overall feel of the work is very different compared to a typical comic and the stories are very imaginative.


No comments:

Post a Comment