Sunday, May 4, 2014

Maus

A striking image of a swastika and a stylized mouse in the center looking like Hitler. Maus had the same feeling to it with the scenery and emotions from the characters as the movie Shindlers List had. I related it to this movie a lot actually, yes because both types are about the Holocaust but just the pure depression that I felt from viewing this novel. Excellently written with lots of descriptive texts tell the truth of what happened in the holocaust.

I believe the books intentions are to show history as it happened and describe situations that victims of the holocaust had to endure.

The artwork isn’t my favorite. Actually I really dis like it, but I can’t say that it is bad, because it certainly isn’t. The novel has line work that is very thick, which actually gave a great representation of how he wanted to use the lines to show emotion and that the burden that this put on people is heavy. It was a very hard book to read, especially with having to connect the two different timelines in the book.


This book has received multiple awards which it deserves but I believe a lot of that is because what it is about and how it impacted the people that read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment