Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tin Tin (Herge)

A story of epic adventure and a hero to relate to, especially the intended audience. I say this because I believe TinTin at his age in the comic is suppose to resemble the intended audience, around the age of nine and up.
When I was first introduced to Tin Tin it was honestly from the recent Hollywood production, and I liked it! Now I can say the film doesn’t really give Tin Tin a good representation because it is originally meant to be in comic form, and I prefer to read it then to see it on a screen. Tin Tin in comic form had many different adventures; some of the settings were in America, the Congo, Tibet, Picaros, etc. this made for a lot of dynamic ideas and creative spins on the areas that Tin Tin is in. Because the themes of Tin Tin were in several different areas it allowed for Herge to research and create accurate descriptions of the cultures that he put into the comics.

A small detail that really caught my eye was when looked at all the covers from when they were first made to the last issue and the cover images started to change the setting. Instead of Tin Tin poseing with his dog just by himself no background except for a solid color and a small illustration, the covers are given more characters from the story and scenery that usually they are on some sort of vehicle and are going off into the distance, facing away from the viewer. I’m assuming the artist wanted to give the illusion of “off to find adventure”.

I just really enjoyed the whole story of Tin Tin always had a great story and mystery to solve with plenty of details within the story to pay attention too.


No comments:

Post a Comment